跳到主要內容

試管嬰兒日記-植入當天

植入當天


這是第二次植入,第一次植入胚胎雖然一切檢查全部正常,但不知為何原因胚胎只有淺著床,然後停止發育自然流掉了...QQ


這次植入醫院調整了兩個地方,醫生說雖然血栓數值不高,但不代表胚胎可以忍受,因此再增加抗血栓藥的量(我打愛栓通Arixtra),另外腫瘤壞死因子(TNF-Tumor necrosis factor)也可能誤判,所以保險起見也打了一劑復邁(Humira)。


本來諮詢師跟我說打復邁那天只要10分鐘就好,結果當天又說打完要留院觀察一小時,害我行程打亂...不過還好有留院,因為打完10分鐘之後腹部突然超痛,趕快躺病床休息,可是只是休息而已,也沒有其他治療,過半個多小時疼痛漸緩,就離院了。


植入當天進手術房植入之前,胚胎師會拿解凍胚胎的照片跟你解說,植入的過程中也可以從天花板的螢幕看到整個過程,之後這些照片都會給你作紀念。若這次有成功,我以後就會跟小孩說:你看你以前長這樣耶,一個細胞 XD


回家後沒有什麼特別感覺,還去賣場採買一些食物(全部老公提😆)。因為這次我也比上次更小心,不騎機車、不拿重物、跟公司申請遠距上班,真的壓力減輕很多。出門是一件非常累的事情~光用想的就覺得快流產了。


植入前兩天剛好是七夕情人節,受朋友推薦去蘆洲湧蓮寺拜註生娘娘求金鏟子。我本來真的不是一個迷信的人,但是都到這時候還是能做的都做吧,只求一切順利!



(英文部分純屬練習~)


The day of embryo implantation


I got my second embryo implantation.


My first one was a failure, sadly. The day-5 blastocyst was only shallowly implanted and did not survive after one week. There was no specific reason for the failure, even the chief doctor couldn’t explain the cause. “Your physical examination looks great. From thrombosis index to immune index to progesterone levels, all are within the normal range,” he said.


But there are two “black holes”, as he put it: the thrombosis index that’s below the detectable level but still great enough to kill the embryo, and the Tumor necrosis factor, which is hard to measure accurately sometimes.


So, this time, I took more doses of Arixtra, an anticoagulant, and received an injection of Humira, to reduce the risk caused by TNF.


Plus, I take 12 pills of Estrade, 8 pills of Utrogestan 100mg, 4 pills of Compssolon, and 1 pill of Bokey everyday.


The implantation procedure went smoothly. I’ve done the Endometrial Receptivity Array, or “ERA” test, an genetic test to assess when the lining of the womb is most receptive. Its accuracy is measured down to the hour, so the clinic knows exactly when to implant the blastocysts.


Before I was sent into the operating room, they showed me the picture of my thawed embryo, and while I was on the operating table, they showed me the whole process on a hanging screen. I think this is a reassuring act for the mothers-to-be.


The first day of my second implantation, I experienced no unusual symptoms. I went back home and to the supermarket to buy some food to fill my pantry. “Avoid eating contaminated food, eat more fibers and protein.” Those are the three principles the nurse gave me. 


And of course, drink a lot of water every day. Utrogestan can cause constipation for many people, as it slows the movement of the body’s smooth muscle. That’s why a higher intake of fiber and water is recommended.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

成佛有什麼用?what is the use of becoming a Buddha?

成佛有什麼用?What is the use of becoming a Buddha? This is a rhetorical question often asked by Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. We always have the presumption that life is for a purpose and every thing we do should contribute to that purpose, otherwise it's useless. This ubiquitous utilitarianism dominates our modern society. It's so deep and prevalent that we can't even recognize we are acting under its influence. I was reading the book "The Miracle of Mindfulness" by Thich Nhat Hanh this week. He emphasizes on being mindful of one's breath, body movements, feelings and emotions a lot. That means we should be aware of our in breath and out breath at every moment, even when we are doing our work or talking to somebody.  While I seem to know what he's saying, I don't really understand why we should do that? Why should we be aware of our breath when it goes so well automatically? Why do we bother to mind it if human beings have evolved such a long way to make our ...

一個公案

Sometimes I come up with my own 公案, a philosophical dialogue or question to contemplate. This is a recent one: Master: The Buddha is not confined to his skin. He is everywhere. So if you only see the Buddha as someone in a physical body, you are wrong. The Buddha is present in the entire universe. Student: Dear Master, why do you say the Buddha is everywhere in the universe? I can't see how the Buddha can be found in the farthest star or at a time before the Buddha Shakyamuni. Master: What Buddha? This came to me after I listened to a Dharma talk from Thich Nhat Hanh on "there is action but no actor". Whenever we wonder "who" is doing "what", "when" and "where", we are caught in the wrong perceptions and are blinded by wrong questions. It's like asking "where is the parallel universe?" That's a false question because space and location are in the universe, not the universe is in the space. And this also came to me ...